Enlace al Programa
The European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) is proud to launch the first certification examination in interventional cardiology based on the revised EAPCI Core Curriculum (to be published soon).
The EAPCI exam will take place on 25 August 2018, during the ESC Congress in Munich.
Registration is open until 14 August 2018.
Date: Saturday 25 August
01:00pm to 02:00pm Check-in candidates
02:00pm to 02:15pm Instruction to candidates
02:45pm to 05:15pm Exam (3h)
Messe München GmbH
81823 Munich, DE
The aim of the certification
The goal of the EAPCI is to assure optimal quality in interventional cardiology by assessing the competence in knowledge, skills and attitudes of physicians. As such, the EAPCI aims at developing a standardised certificate for interventional cardiologists practising in ESC member countries so as to ensure comparable requirements for EAPCI and certified specialists.
The system will be designed to certify both practical experience and knowledge in interventional cardiology medicine and will be divided into two parts:
- Part A: theoretical knowledge based on revised EAPCI Core curriculum, the PCR-EAPCI Textbook, ESC Guidelines, ESCeL (eLearning platform).
This part consists of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on a clinical stem, and with 5 options, and only single best answer. If the candidate fails to the exam, she/he will have to wait 11 months before taking up another exam.
- Part B: practical skills assessment. This part is under development.
- EAPCI Member. If you are not a member, join now for free
- Doctors with national board certification in cardiology or doctors during cardiology specialist training (fellows) as confirmed by their training director (letter of confirmation).
- Two sessions for part A are planned per year: one during EuroPCR (in May) and one during ESC Congress (in August).
- EAPCI Certification exams will be set up on iPads.
- Candidates will receive exam results within 8 weeks of taking the exam.
- Upon successful completion of the theoretical exam, candidates will receive an EAPCI certificate stating that candidates ‘have passed the theoretical examination of the European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions, a branch of the ESC’, valid for 10 years. After 10 years, a re-certification exam could be considered.
Only EAPCI members can register Join now for free
Please note that you are not permitted to register for this exam if you sat the previous EAPCI certification exam less than six months ago.
EAPCI Regular Member Fee 540€*(VAT included)
In order to respect exam room capacity, registrations will be managed on a first come first served basis. We encourage you to register online to guarantee a place.
*Fees do not include transport & accommodation.
ESC reserves the right to modify the above schedule if needed. Therefore, ESC strongly recommends planning late return flights.
Registration for all ESC administered exams closes 10 days prior to the examination with no exceptions.
Please read the Terms and Conditions
Payment and general conditions
All registration fees are quoted in Euros (€) and include national applicable VAT. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
Registration fees are based on the date of receipt. The prices indicated are only applicable if both registration form/request and payment are received before the registration deadlines.
Registration will be acknowledged upon receipt of payment and a valid email address (please ensure your My ESC profile is updated). A confirmation email will be sent within ten working days after having submitted the payment.
If candidates have to cancel their registration for the exam, please contact us.
- Up to 6 weeks before exam takes place: 50% refund
- From 6 to 4 weeks: 50% refund
- From 4 weeks to exam date: 50% refund
- No show: no refund
In the event of illness or other serious unforeseen circumstances, a letter of proof will be required and the full amount may then be refunded.
In the unlikely event that the EAPCI cancels the exam, the full registration fee will be refunded. However, EAPCI is not liable for any cost incurred by the cancellation of accommodation and travel arrangements.
How to prepare for the examination?
The EAPCI proposes to the candidates to use the following reading list or to take part in specialised courses:
- PCR-EAPCI Textbook
- EAPCI Core Curriculum – currently under review, will be available again shortly
- ESCeL platform
The topics that will be covered by the exam are available here.